gerund and infinitive hi, can we make any verb as gerund or infinitive, or is there any specific rule for that? For instance: 1. I enjoy reading books 2. I enjoy to read books
Every verb has both forms, but they aren't always interchangeable. For example, 'enjoy' goes with a gerund, but not an infinitive; 'like' works with both: I like reading books. I like to read books. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/common-verbs/hate-like-love-and-prefer
If you want to master this topic, there is no short-cut. There are excellent units in "English Grammar in Use" (Cambridge, Murphy). englishpage.com has a good tutorial too. Learn and practice.
1. I like reading books 2. I like to read books "enjoy" doesn't really work with the infinitive. . Not sure what you are asking. Is it whether all verbs have gerund forms and infinitive forms?