Cesar Loyola
Community Tutor
i don't quite get "сдалась она мне/сдался он мне" when is it used? i think it has another meaning besides the literal translation "he/she was given/surrendered to me"
10
0
"сдалась она мне/сдался он мне" = I have no need in that person. Please mention that It isn't a good language even for an informal conversation.
You can use this phrase if you want to express, that you don't care about somebody at all or you don't want to use somebody's help or you are not interested in somebody. To put it simpler, it's like to say "I don't need him or her". This phrase has a negative connotation.
If you definitely do not need something and it annoys you, you may informally say: da_nakhrenA_onO_mnE vsyO_Eto sdalOs'! nU evO_v_bAnyu!
This is not extremely rude, but may be understood as rude... Or I would say it is more like vular, colloquial language, country speech. It can be heard quite often though if you go to Russia, many native speakers could use it in real everyday talks, especially when complaining about somebody.
Cesar Loyola
English, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
Japanese, Russian