Luiz
''What + pronoun + ... + is/was...'' ''The thing I most regretted about was forgive her''. ''The thing I most regretted about was forgiving her''. ''The thing I most regretted about was to forgive her''. ''The thing I most regretted about was to have forgiven her''. Which of these sentences is the correct one? Would you mind providing me with a few more examples by using this grammar construction? Thanks in advance.
Hello Luiz, In this sentence, you wouldn't use "about". The sentence would be: "The thing I regretted most was forgiving her" "What I most regret is having forgiven her" "What I most regret is forgiving her". Also, you should avoid saying "the thing" , and say "What" instead. You could also say "That which" "That which I regret most is forgiving her". These would all be more natural sounding ways of phrasing this sentence.