Pelin
Are both sentences natural? If don't, how do you say them? These allegations are far away from truth. These allegations don't reflect the truth.
2
0
The second one is really great! Very natural and fluent sounding. The first one needs just a little adjustment...take out "away" and it will be perfect (These allegations are far from the truth.). Nice work with your practice. Keep it up! :)
I agree with Brookie: the second one is better. It not only sounds fluent, but it sounds more sophisticated. One might hear a sentence like this is a courtroom. (are you watching police shows?) For the second I also agree with Brookie that removing "away" helps the sentence. However, I'd like to suggest that these sentences written will be very different when spoken. If I were to say the second one, I'd stress "don't" and 'reflect" and "the truth" somewhat equally, pausing slightly before don't, then before reflect, then before the truth. A lawyer would do this so that the jury remembers "don't reflect the truth." Now the first one can also be very interesting when spoken. If I were to say it, I'd say it like this: "these allegations [slight pause] are faaaaaaaaaaaar awaaaaaaaaaay [slight pause] from the truth. Also dramatic. However, written: the second sentence is the stronger of the two. Hope this was interesting and helpful.
Pelin
English, Turkish