Carmen Woo
A question about the American TV episode Friends I have finished watching the ten seasons of it and I think the six main characters represent typical Americans, do you think so?
2
0
No. They don't. I love the show. I think it's very funny. I think it's well acted and well written and I watch it again and again. But please, please do not think that they're typical Americans. They were not even typical New Yorkers. The 6 characters in Friends belonged to a very, very specific sub-group of Americans. Most Americans have very different backgrounds, activities, and lives than the Friends characters. Enjoy the show. But know that it isn't what an average American is like.
The show ended more than a decade a go now... The show definitely represents some typical Americans but remember that there are so many different types of people in this world. Maybe those characters are unique and there isn't anyone else like them!
Carmen Woo