Ronan
given up Please give me corrections for my sentences. The first attempt was quickly given up. He has given up four times, but still trying his chance. Many soldiers have given up trying to assault this city. Bad habits are to be given up or Bad habits should be given up? (which is the best here) A cookie is given up in favor of candies. :) Sara was given up to her Dream. He has not given up on health. He had to give up training because of his weak health. I don't give up on you. thank you!
I would make the following changes. Should you give up your bad habits? (If you are asking a question.) If you are making a statement, I would say, "Give up YOUR bad habits". You could also say, "Bad habits were given up in favour of good ones". HE (or SHE) gave up a cookie in favour of THE candies. (This sentence sounds more natural with a pronoun) Sara HAS given up to her dream. (Past tense) He has not given up on HIS health. I WON'T give up on you! (This is a common expression) Hope this helps
The only two sentences with mistakes are these: 1.) A cookie is given up in favor of candies. :) Since "cookie" and "candies" are both sweets, it is strange to use the phrase "give up" here. 2.) Sara was given up to her Dream. Should be "Sara gave up her dream."