levanasuo
which words can be used to collocate with popularity? is it correct or common for the use of "swelled popularity"? if i want to express the increased popularity, what's else adj. can i use? or if i want to express a thing, such as mobile or internet, that is very common or easily obtainable. which words are more precise? thanks for your answer!
2
0
Swelled popularity doesn’t work as a phrase, it’s too visual an expression. You can say something like ‘there has been an upswell in the popularity of....’ For shorter phrases though these all work: ‘Increased popularity’ ‘Greater popularity (usually in comparison with something else or a different time period when the thing in question was less popular)’ ‘Growing popularity’ ‘An upsurge in popularity’
Hi levanasuo, I've never heard the phrase "swelled popularity" but here are some I would recommend: "the increasing popularity of" "mobile phones are increasing in popularity" A synonym of these would be "the growing trend of social media" "there is a growing trend in the mobile market" "there is an increase in the demand for smart phones" "the increasing demand for smart phones is at an all time high". Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions. Sinead
levanasuo