Sunshine
Can you explain this? "In 2013, there were about 2.8 million traumatic brain injury-related ER visits, hospitalizations and deaths in the US," There were 2.8 million of what exactly? Thanks!
4
0
"In 2013, there were about 2.8 million traumatic brain injury-related ER visits, hospitalizations and deaths in the US," = In 2013, there were about 2.8 million ER visits, hospitalizations and deaths in the US related to traumatic brain injury" 2.8 million ER (emergency room) visits, hospitalizations and deaths
Hi Sunshine, You have been answered correctly but I see you doing some critical thinking happening here. Well Done! This is a lot to lump into one statistic and I would be questioning whether incidents have been counted more than once. For example, is someone who had an injury, went to the hospital and then died counted once? three times?. You understand what you are reading. You are just questioning it. And rightfully so! I hope this helps, Stephen
This refers to 2.8 million people who in 2013 were either killed, hospitalised, or visited ER (emergency room) due to a traumatic brain injury. That means an injury to the brain through some trauma, e.g a violent blow to the head or inertia injuries etc.
Sunshine
Arabic, English