Luiz
I would... Would you mind telling me whether the sentences below are correct? (if so, I wonder whether they sound rather formal in daily conversation): 1) ''I would indeed appreciate your help!'' 2) ''I would greatly appreciate your help!'' 3) ''I would fairly appreciate your help!'' 4) ''I would very much appreciate your help'' (instead of saying ''I would appreciate your help very much!'') Thank you very much!
Do not use 3. The word "fairly" implies only a medium amount of appreciation. 2. Is the one I most often use. 4. Is about the same, just an extra word. The meaning is identical. I also use this. Some folks like to cut down on words and would not prefer this one. 1. "indeed" indicates an affirmative answer of yes. You might use this if someone ASKS you if you would like some help. You would answer them with "indeed". It's a more formal way of saying 'yes'. Most people don't use it in every day language, but the meaning is the same.
1,2,4 Are fine, 3 is not. I'm not sure I follow the logic of your question though. How can they be not correct, but sound formal? The ones I mentioned are all fine grammatically, but also very formal.