Deli
What does 양심 자전거란 이용자가 알아서 이용료를 내는 자전거를 뜻한다 mean? + 문제는 신선도! 알아서 온도를 조절한다. + 양심 자전거란 이용자가 알아서 이용료를 내는 자전거를 뜻한다. I met two sentences in above when i studied. So, i saw " 알아서 N을/를 V" !!! Can i understand that " 알아서 N을/를 V" is " do something by yourself/himself/herself" ? as: 이용자가 알아서 이용료를 내다: the user pays for the fee depend on himself ( maybe he pays 1$ or 2$, it depends on the satisfaction of him) and 알아서 온도를 조절한다: Can i use this sentence in situation that i have a modern air conditioner, it is auto control the temperature at room by itself, don't need me do anything. Is it right? Please explain it for me and give me some other examples. Thank you so much!
양심 자전거란 이용자가 알아서 이용료를 내는 자전거를 뜻한다. => Honesty-based bicycle is a rental program whereby the user pays his own fee. Your understanding of 알아서 is basically correct, but its main point is that the person does something without being told to. It is similar to 스스로 (by yourself/himself/herself; on one's own) but emphasizes that the person makes their own judgement and acts on it, or that a machine does something automatically without waiting for user's command. 알다 here indicates the person or thing knows what to do on their own. - 이용자가 알아서 이용료를 내다 = The user determines and pays the fee on their own. - 알아서 온도를 조절한다 = (The device) regulates the temperature automatically. - 알아서 하세요 = Please do whatever you think is right" / Do it as you see fit. - 자율주행 자동차는 운전자 없이 알아서 주행하는 차다 = An autonomous vehicle is a car that drives on its own without human driver.
Thanks a lot !
What you said is correct. I cannot explain any more as you understand perfectly, so I'll give you some examples. 1. 그는 알아서 숙제를 했다. (He did homework by himself(not forced by someone)) 2. 윈도우10은 알아서 업데이트된다. (windows10 automatically updates itself) 3. 그는 알아서 떠날 것이다. (He will leave here of his own accord)