visualman
The real meaning of "Notion" ? Hi, I’m looking for knowing the real meaning & impact of the word; “Notion”. I knew it has some meanings like the idea, belief, concept & etc. but because I’m not a native English, I’m not sure does it have a positive or negative feeling. I want to use the world (Notion) for a brand name about ideas, thoughts and growth concepts, so I’ve afraid of it has a bad feeling for a brand name! Thanks a lot.
1
0
I don't think this word has a negative association at all. Perhaps it has an association of something unproven, unscientific, because it is a belief and not a fact. It's also sometimes used to describe something done impulsively, without really thinking about the consequences. "I had the notion of uploading naked pictures of myself to Facebook". I think it's a perfect word for a brand name. Have you thought about using a play on words with "emotion"? Like, "e-notion"? E - electronic, or internet based. Like, E-commerce. Maybe that's a bit too obvious, but it was floating around in my head!
visualman
English, Persian (Farsi)