Pelin
Can I use these both sentences interchangeably? (It's a place, noisy, crowded, dangerous etc) I feel uneasy here. My peace of mind is gone here.Ant this; I have lost my peace of mind here.
4
0
They are all fine, but would used for a more serious situation, where there is a constant threat to you physically or mentally. 'I've lost my peace of mind even in my own home now that the divorce case has started.' "My piece of mind is gone in this neighborhood. There is more crime then there was when I first moved here."
Uneasy is used mostly to describe a feeling of imminent threat...you can use uneasy in a dangerous place, like a back alley in a dangerous neighborhood at night, or if you're for example, staying a night in a building that's supposedly haunted. You can also feel uneasy about your financial situation if you're coming up short for the month. Those things can also negatively impact your peace of mind, but peace if mind is broader, it can also encompase things like a lot of noise when you're trying to think or read...you wouldn't feel uneasy in a situation like that, because there's not an imminent threat, but you might feel annoyed, or desperate (i.e. desperate to find a quiet place)...of course if you're on a tight schedule for a school project and are having trouble concentrating, the imminent threat of a bad grade might make you feel uneasy.
I would say something like, "This noise is driving me nuts/crazy!" (Americans tend to exaggerate.) Something less emotional might be, "It's so noisy/loud here" or "This place is chaotic/dangerous, crowded; let's go somewhere else."
I'd say technically yes, but realistically I've never heard the 2nd one being used in a situation like you're describing. To me, feeling uneasy is more of a physical reaction - a gut feeling. Not having peace of mind feels more like a rational, mental reaction.
Pelin
English, Turkish