Javid
Which answer is true and why ? (Quizzes) Hi There. I tried to pass online exam and did not answer these following questions.I would like to know true answer and why was used ? Could you please take time and exlpain me these? 1 ) He doesn't like ..... what to do. A. told B. said C. having said D. being told 2) If only I ..... to the party instead of staying at home. A. went B. had gone C. did go D. have gone 3) He remembers being ..... to the fair as a child. A. visited B. brought C. taken D. shown
10
0
The answers are D, B, C. A full explanation of why each of these is correct would need an extended explanation of the grammar - more than would fit into a few lines here! All the best - Steve
Being told, because someone esle telling. If using having said means you tell yourself.
Being visisted means by someone else. This is logically however grammatically need more explanation.
Did go simply goes to that case which is past.
Nanren88 Hi. I mean which tense or which form is used in each sentence. Thanks.
Javid
Azerbaijani, English, Russian, Turkish