Song, Jeung Hyeon
About English idioms "Time hangs heavy on my hands" How often do native speakers use this expression in dairy conversation?
That idiom is rather melodramatic, and not something we would say often, unless we were tortured artists or something. And even then, the image of tortured artists like Van Gogh is rather quaint and old-fashioned anyway. Also, just as a correction, please note that it's "daily conversation" and not a "dairy conversation." A "dairy conversation" would be a conversation about milk products.
I'm a US native speaker. As stated, particularly with the word "hangs heavy," it is not common at all. On the other hand, I use it and hear it all the time in the much simpler form "I have time on my hands." Often it is something a boss might say to a worker: "If you've got some time on your hands, I'd like you to do thus-and-such."