mariam
What does the ending -겠지요 mean? When do you use it? To express what? (And if it isn't a bother, would you please give me an example?) Thank you!
17 sept. 2018 17:25
2
0
-겠지요 means "would" with the nuiance of "right" at the end of English sentences. As Korean is an agglutinative language, you need to understand each of suffixes or ends in one phrase. -겠-: similar to "would" in English. ex. 그거 예쁘겠다. (That would be pretty.) -지: used to show the speaker thinks something is true. ex. 이거 좋지. (It's good. (and I think other people would think so.)) -요: a suffix for casual and plain polite speech. ex. 저 지금 공부해요. (I'm studying now.) Thus, -겠지요 means all of three above. 이 책은 제 거겠지요. (This book would belong to me. I think it's right.) 이 책은 제 거겠지요? (I think this book belongs to me, right?) 음식을 여기 두면 상하겠지요. (It would go bad if I put it here.) 음식을 여기 두면 상하겠지요? (It would go bad if I put it here, right?) Hope it helps. :)
17 septembre 2018
~ 겠지요 means that ~ will + Verb ~, would + Verb ~ for example, 당신은 생각이 나겠지요 ~ : You will(would) think ~ 그녀는 울겠지요. She will( would) cray if her doll is taken by
17 septembre 2018
mariam
Dutch, English, French, Korean
French, Korean