Niwantha
How to say this in English? Hi friends, How to say this in English? Context: My boss assigned me a project of one of our clients. It had 02 components. Today, I finished the 2nd component and now I am sending an email attaching the final report. I want to say that with this, the assignment assigned to us is completed. Also, I wanted to know if the client's is satisfied with my work. How should I write this in the body of my email in a formal and precise manner (in 2 or 3 lines)? Thanks in advance, Niwantha
5
0
Hi Niwantha, PURPOSE: To inform / To request AUDIENCE: Your boss (e.g. Mr Brown) CONTEXT: Notify your superior of your work progress / Requesting feedback * "Today, I finished the 2nd component and now I am sending an email attaching the final report." * "I wanted to know if the client's is satisfied with my work." TONE: Formal (I am assuming that you have a hierarchical relationship with your boss) Dear Mr Brown, The second component of the assigned project is completed, and a report is attached in this email for your perusal. I would appreciate any feedback from the client. Yours sincerely, Niwantha * I used passive voice for the first sentence, as the focus is on the assignment instead of you. Furthermore, your boss already knows that you are handling the project. * Formal expressions such as "I would appreciate" are more appropriate than informal ones such as "I want to know..." or "Tell me...". (Again, I am assuming a formal relationship you have with your boss) *Formal valediction (Yours sincerely, / Sincerely yours,) I hope this helps.
You probably need to use specific details, such as the name of the project, and the client. The level of formality is also very dependent on the relationship with your boss, and what is appropriate in your culture, so it is a little hard for us to judge that. What you have just written looks like a reasonable basis to start with!
Here's a rough draft: Dear (insert Boss's name), Here is the 2nd and final component of the project that I was assigned ( or we were assigned - not sure if this is a group project or not). Attached you shall find a detailed report explaining xyz. If you could please take the time to look over my work and provide any possible feedback I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you/ Best regards/ Sincerely, (Your name)
Niwantha
English, Sinhala