How to call the water in a hotpot ?
Sep 18, 2018 9:54 AM
Answers · 9
In English we could say broth.
September 18, 2018
Depends, before or during/after the ingredients are added and/or removed? Before, it'd just be referred to as water. During/after, probably most appropriate to refer to it as "soup". Though, since the Anglosphere doesn't really have an equivalent or analogue (the closest being 'fondue', but it is fundamentally a very different food), there's a case for calling it a number of different things with varying levels of justification, hence I tend to use "soup" (rather than "stock" and others).
September 18, 2018
I always say "soup"
September 18, 2018
Thank you !
September 19, 2018
September 18, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!