simba0722
Does the sentence below sound rather discriminatory or prejudiced? Why do people like me, people on the right get wrong about your life style ~~~ What does "people on the right" mean?
People on the "right" refers to people who follow a political ideology that is typically conservative. The opposite, the "left," is a more liberal political ideology. As it refers to the question: "Why do people like me, people on the right get wrong about your life style?" I think it should be "WHAT" not "WHY" in this case. That would make more sense. So it would be: "What do people like me, people on the right, get wrong about your life style?" The question is not necessarily discriminatory, but it is making a generalization. He is making a hypothetical assumption that "if people on the right (conservatives) get something about wrong about your life-style, what is it?" To judge whether something is prejudiced or discriminatory, it would also depend on the speaker's tone or intention. Perhaps they simply want to know about experiences that liberals have had with conservatives; they want to gauge their attitudes. Does this help? If there is anything that is unclear, please let me know.
What does "why do we get wrong about X?" mean? (skipping the extra bit describing "people like me") There is something wrong with the sentence, sorry. Was it spoken? Any context?