Laura
What central casting means? a kooky group of characters right out of central casting
Casting is the process of hiring actors for a production such as a play or film. Central Casting is actually a big agency in Los Angeles supplying extras - actors with non-speaking roles. If you were making a film or TV show in Hollywood and you needed a dozen cops for a crowd scene, you might use them. Central Casting was founded a long time ago and is very well known; somehow the name, without capital letters, has become a byword for extras agencies in humorous writing and the prose of reviewers, even in the UK where Central Casting doesn't operate. When a reviewer describes an actor as being 'straight out of central casting' they mean that they and their character were very typical and unexceptional - as if they were a consistent product we had seen many times before in other films. Consistency is required from extras, but not in leading roles.
To add do Jerry's answer: Central Casting actually has a web page about the idiom "straight out of Central Casting." It's here: https://www.centralcasting.com/what-does-straight-out-of-central-casting-mean/ But basically, if I were in Hollywood, making a movie and I wanted to have a scene in an obstetrician's office, I could call Central Casting and say "Send me 10 pregnant women." And they could send me 10 pregnant women to be in my movie. In your case, it looks like someone said "send me a group of kooky people."
"Central casting" is an organisation, or department that finds people suitable to playu parts, as in plays, adverts, TV shows or movies. Central suggests that it is organisation-wide in some respect, not directly connected to any one section, or application area. "The cast" is the group of actors in a programme, advert, etc. A casting organisation, department, or service provides the cast.
well
It is more natural to ask your question(s) as 'What does xxx mean?'