Which one of the following word would you as a British speaker use? Which one of these words would you use to express the meaning of the American word (Laundry cart)? Laundry basket or Laundry trolley? What is the British equivalent for the American word (baking pan)? Baking tin or Baking sheet? Thank you.
Sep 19, 2018 10:03 AM
Answers · 5
Hi Pistachio! Good questions! In Britain we usually say 'laundry basket' as we don't often wheel laundry around. In a very large commercial laundry they may call it a trolley......but it's unusual. A baking tin normally has quite deep sides, but a baking sheet is flat. So I'd use a baking tin or a roasting tin to make cakes or roast dinners, and a baking sheet for biscuits (cookies) and scones. Hope this helps - feel free to ask any more questions! Many Thanks Teacher Zowee :)
September 19, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!