Cesar Lopez
职业 - How do you say "I am an engineer" or "I am a doctor" Hello! I'm learning Chinese with simplified characters. I'm learning the professions, and at first I learned that if you want to say "I am a doctor", you should simply say 我是医生. But reading a bit more, I came upon other variants, like 我是一名医生 (using yiming) and 我是一个医生 (using yige). And people were discussing that yiming is "more correct" than yige, so I wanted to ask, how do you usually say "I am a doctor" (or "I am an engineer", "I am a nurse", etc.) in Chinese? Do you just say 我是医生. or do you add something, and if so, do you use yiming or yige? ( 一名 or 一个 ) Thanks a lot in advance for your help! 谢谢 !
Sep 21, 2018 12:58 AM
Answers · 9
September 21, 2018
我是医生,这样说最地道。 我是一名(个)医生虽然也比较常见,但是受到英文的影响,有点多余。
September 21, 2018
Ah, I see. Thanks!
September 21, 2018
Chinese's not as accurate as English. We do use all the expressions listed by you in real life, either in oral or in written.
September 21, 2018
Thank you!
September 21, 2018
Show more
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!