Sylvia Gabriel
Community Tutor
Spanish short stories Hello, I'm looking for short stories originally written in Spanish that are good for ninth-grade native Spanish speakers. It should be age and level-appropriate but any length is fine. (And it is especially helpful if there are available English translations!) Thanks for the help!
Hi. I wrote a translation of Oscar Wilde's "The Selfish Giant" and posted it on my website: www.spanishinput.com I haven't written more translations since then for lack of time (or commitment?), but if there's enough interest I'll add it to the to-do list. Just tell me what your favorite short stories in English are. They must have been published before 1923. (That is, they must be in the public domain).
You might find something useful at https://albalearning.com/ Failing that, try searching for 'parallel texts Spanish/English' or 'textos paralelos español/inglés'.
Sylvia Gabriel
Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Maghrebi), Arabic (Modern Standard), Bengali, English, German, American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish, Urdu
Arabic (Levantine), Arabic (Maghrebi), Bengali, German, American Sign Language (ASL), Spanish, Urdu