Kyungie
셔요 and 세요 I already know how to use this but I saw someone using them in a situation that contradicts my learnings 우리 엄마가 커피를 드세요 - mom drinks coffee 우리 엄마가 커피를 드셔요 - mom drinks coffee she said these two are exactly the same ...from what I learned 세요 is only used for asking questions and giving orders politely but I never knew that it can be a declarative marker. Please help me hahaha is 세요 interchangeable with 셔요? what if for example you are talking to a friend about his mother? 네 어머님께서 이쁘셔 - your mom is pretty [we omit 요 since we are talking to our friend] but its awkward to say.. 네 어머님께서 이쁘세 please help hahaha
22 сент. 2018 г., 10:58
1
0
The -세요 and -셔요 endings can be used in declarative sentences too, but the restriction is that we do not use them for the first person "I" because doing so would raise oneself specially, which should never be done in any circumstances. (It's similar to judges in court not referring to themselves as "my honor"- the phrase is not intended for the person speaking) Your example's subject is "mom", so it is a natural declarative sentence. When there is no 요 at the end, as in 이쁘셔 or 드셔, 셔 should be pronounced as is. 셔 becoming 세 only happens with 셔요. It is this way because 세요 is smoother to pronounce than 셔요 as it doesn't have the beginning [i] component in both syllables as does 셔요.
23 сентября 2018 г.
Kyungie
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Filipino (Tagalog), Japanese, Korean, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean, Spanish