Pelin
Are these sentences OK? I called as soon as I landed. (from a plane) I'm curious what the result will be. (a game) My mood improves when I see you. We are not running a day nursery here. Don't you expect someone like me to do such a thing?
4
0
I called as soon as I landed. I wonder what the result will be. I'm in a better mood when I see you. We're not running a daycare here. You didn't expect someone like me to do that?
The first three sentences are good. I would change the fourth sentence to "We are not running a day care here." The expression "day nursery" doesn't sound right in American English. I would change the fifth sentence to, "Wouldn't you expect someone like me to do such a thing?" if the person were surprised about you doing (or planning to do) the thing, or "Didn't you expect me someone like me to do such a thing?" if the person expressed annoyance or aggravation that you did the thing.
It looks perfect to me.
Pelin
English, Turkish