Chiaki
Professional Teacher
Could you help me to edit my writing please? Hello! My friend is a japanese painting artist, so I wanted to explain what the japanese painting is to my other friend in English. This is what I wrote. Japanese paintings are written on japanese traditional paper called "Washi" and painted with some mixtures of natural mineral pigments. There are two types of japanese paintings. One is color painting and other one is called "Suibokuga"- Ink-wash painting. It requires many skills and steps to create japanese painting. First, brush chalk and Nikawa glue mixtures on Washi paper then draw outlines. Next, create paints with natural mineral pigments and Nikawa glue mixture, paint them on the outline wash paper thinly and gently for several times. Unlike water painting, japanese painting paint does not feather the paper, so it needs to be painted over many times. I truly appreciate your help. Thank you so much for taking your time!I re-posted this question on the notebook section. If you have more advice, please check there. Thank you so much for your help : )
Hi! @Gary ! Thank you so much for your advice! I will do that now : )
For longer compositions like this, you are better to use the 'notebook' section. That section has better tools to allow people to highlight their corrections.