Diana Rose
What the Different Would you guys like to tell me what the different betwen "at the momment" and "right now"? Thanks
Hi Diana, I think the answer is less clear-cut than Joao suggests. 'Right now' can be used of a longer time period too, and 'at the moment' can refer to a brief instant. After all, 'moment' really means a brief instant! So as a native speaker, I would say the two expressions are interchangeable. Note: you need to say 'what is the difference' not 'what is the different'. Hope this helps! Steve
Hi! The difference is "right now" means this specific instant. At the moment" means a time period. For example: "she's not here right now" is inclined to suggest she could be back soon. "At the moment" is inclined to suggest she's going to be gone for hours or days, etc.
The difference is "right now" means this specific instant; I am typing an answer to a question on englishforums at 11.23am January 5th. "At the moment" means a time period; I am playing football at the moment - I am thirty minutes into a ninety minute game. For your example; "she's not here right now" suggests she could be back soon. "At the moment" suggests she's going to be gone for hours