Jonatan
Questions about ください [kudasai] I noticed that sometimes the word ください is added after the "masu stem" of a verb (the ます form without ます) instead of the て form. For example: お座りください ご確認ください。 Also, the last case is using a noun without the particle を, but I think this is because is using the stem of a the 'suru' verb 確認する, removing the する。 Are these cases correct? Thanks.
お座り and 確認 are NOT the root of verbs. Both are nouns. Forget the て form. 座ってください and お座りください share the same meaning, but the gramatical structures are different. 確認(confirmation) is easy to understand. It is a noun. お座り = お+座り. (※ お is a marker for honorific added to the noun) 座り is 連用形 of 座る. And 連用形 of a verb can also be used as "noun", in most of the verbs. - 座る(sit) -> 座り(sitting) お座りください literally means "give me (your) sitting" - 乗る(ride) -> 乗り(riding) :  乗り心地(のりごこち)がいい。 ノリがいい。 お乗りください。 - できる(can, come out) -> でき(result, outcome) : 今年の野菜はできが良い。 - 押さえる(press) -> 押さえ : 押さえが効く ※ if you want to find the root of the verb 座る(SUWARU), it is "SUWAR", not "SUWARI", because the root is defined as "unchanged part of a verb".
Please let me write in Spanish because of my poor English. Creo que entiendes bien, buen trabajo. Para la confirmación, me gustaría explicar un poquito más. Son de la forma más cortés con lenguaje honorífico. お座りください significa 座ってください y ご確認ください significa 確認してください. Nota: Sería mejor decir おかけください para お座りください, porque el verbo 座る tiene su propio verbo de honorífico aunque en general, está bien si dices お座りください. Espero que no te confunda y si tienes más duda, me dices. Espero que esto te ayude.
- Yes they are correct. - The ~て form + ください is used to express a direct request. お + verb root "連用形" + ください is also used to do that, and is generally more polite than ~て form + ください。 - For the cases mentioned above, お座り and ご確認, 確認 is a noun by itself, not a verb root. Its verb equivalent is 確認する, and its verb root is 確認し。 - The situation of お座りください is a bit tricky. You may think that 座り is only treated as a verb root here, but please note that the root of a verb can also be used as a noun. Examples: 休む --> 休み "rest, vacation, holiday", 望む --> 望み "hope, wish, desire", 匂う --> 匂い "odor, smell" and many others. - お and ご are added as prefixes to verb roots (or nouns) for honorific references. Examples: おかばん "your bag", ご主人 "your husband". - Therefore, ご確認ください means "give me your recognition or please confirm". - In this case, お座り (by itself) means "your seat or sitting". - お座りください can mean "give me your sitting, please", or "Please sit", because 座り can be treated as a verb root and a noun at the same time. If you're already sitting and someone comes and asks you お座りください, then he means "give me your sitting, please". But if you're standing, and someone asks you this, then he means "Please sit". Hope that helps.