Sasha
Professional Teacher
Put the gerund in the correct form Could you check the exercise I have just done? The book has no key. So, please help me. I used capital letters to highligh my answers. Exercise 297. Fill in the blanks with a correct form of the gerund. - I’ve just had the pleasure of being introduced to your sister. 1. You’ve changed so much that he might be excused for not HAVING RECOGNIZED (recognize) you. 2. I am tired of BEING TREATED (treat) like a child. 3. She had to leave the house without BEING SEEN (see) by anybody. 4. She looked disappointed. We suspected George of HAVING TOLD (tell) her the sad news. 5. She took this step without TAKING (take) his advice. 6. She reproached her husband for NOT TELLING (not/tell) her about his business losses. 7. After BEING INTERVIEWED (interview) for a job, you will be required to take an aptitude test. 8. Diana was dancing wonderfully. I couldn’t help IMPRESSING (impress). 9. After his holiday was over, he regretted SPENDING (spend) so much money for so little pleasure.10. He received a substantial rise for HAVING FOUND (find) a more efficient way of manufacturing the company’s products. 11. I am used to EATING (eat) a substantial breakfast in the morning. 12. We appreciate HAVING (have) this opportunity to see this wonderful city.
I spotted one only error 8. Diana was dancing wonderfully. I couldn’t help BEING IMPRESSED. (impress)
No problems there, buddy!
8. being impressed