Jonatan
How to translate "一緒に行きませんか" in this sentence? I was doing the JLPT N5 sample exam from the official JLPT website and I found this sentence: " 寿司が好きな人は一緒に行きませんか " But I don't understand very well the meaning. I just understand it as "people who likes sushi doesn't go together?" but this translation sounds weird. What's the real meaning of this sentence and why you translate it like that? Thanks
What my terrible Japanese makes of this is: Since we/you/they like sushi, why don't we/you/they go together?
ませんか?is translated into Why don't we 寿司が好きなひとは  If you like 寿司 or ( Is there )Anyone likes 寿司 This は particle is a topic marker not a subject marker in this sentence.
か、at the end of a sentence makes it a question. LET US: ***LET'S GO, SHAN'T WE?*** is the same, isn't it? ←haha this too. 行きましょう Lets go  ー 行きましょうか Shall we go? 行きません We dont Go  ー 行きませんか  Why dont we go (there)? ← Neither does this sentence in English mean literally ''Why are we not going?'', but it means LETS GO, right? たべません I dont eat   ー たべませんか?=Would you like to eat? is slightly different from たべないのですか?Are you not eating / going to eat? As in: 行きません?行きませんか?Both mean, Shall we go? Let's go, shan't we? While, 行きますか?is Shall we go.
For those who like sushi, why don't we go together?