Zuzka
Difference Hello, Is there a difference between these sentences? : I love to take pictures. I love taking pictures. (If it is correct)
They are both correct English the difference is in how the verbs are used. In the first sentence the infinitive form of take is used. I love to take pictures. Two verbs describing what you do. In the second sentence taking pictures is a GERUND its a verb that acts like a noun. 'Taking pictures' is the name of the activity you love doing.
Both of your sentences are correct. In the first you are using the infinitive (to take) and in your second you are using the gerund (taking pictures). Both have the same meaning and both are grammatically correct. You can use the gerund after the verb "love" as well as the infinitive in this context: I love to run. - infinitive I love running. - gerund I love to swim. - infinitive I love swimming. - gerund I hope this is helpful!
Explain to us, Gary. Please?
Yes, the first one is correct. And the second one i think it's wrong, because the ing on the verb "take". I have not a amazing english, so maybe I'm wrong