Haru
The meaning of 'What should be a happy and fulfilling experience all too often is not.' What should be a happy and fulfilling experience all too often is not. This is an example sentence from a dictionary. I don't understand what it means. Could you rephrase it?
6
0
We could say, 'This experience [the one that is being described] should be happy and fulfilling. But very often, it isn't.' I hope that helps! Steve
Referring to something that a person might expect to be an enjoyable experience, for example starting university, a person might expect that this will be a positive experience, potentially fulfilling, satisfying, useful on a number of different levels etc. However someone might point out that many new students might experience anxiety, stress, financial problems etc, and see these as negatives. Hence a contrast between the expectation of a 'fulfilling and happy experience' and what may often - all too often means too frequently - and the reality of a possibly stressful and difficult experience.
皆さんのヘルプをまとめると、「幸せで、充実した経験であるはずのものが、しばしばそうでないことが多い。」ですかね。
I would first start by saying what is it that you are not understanding. English is very expressive and I find it uses a lot more vocabulary to express the same meaning other languages do in smaller structured sentences.
Haru
English, German, Japanese, Latin
English, Latin