maicart
Are all these sentences correct? Which are the most common? a) It's been a week that I don't see films. b) It's been a week since I don't see films. c) It's been a week that I haven't seen films. d) It's been a week since I haven't seen films. e) It's a week that I don't see films. f) It's a week since I last saw a film. g) It's been a week since I last saw a film h) I haven't seen films for a week. i) I haven't seen films in a week. I guess h) is the most common but I'm curious about the rest.
Hello Maicart. I would say that (a) to (e) sound wrong. These sound okay: - It's a week since I last saw a film. - It's been a week since I last saw a film. - I haven't seen (any) films for a week. With the addition of 'any' in the last one because that helps it sound more idiomatic, to my ear. Hope that helps. :-)
O, and i) makes sense, but I can't imagine when I'd use it. It would work with a different context: - I haven't seen Holmes in a week. I wonder what he's been up to... Best, G.