Nuances in meanings of "pride" and "proud" I remember an English was upset with the word 'proud' when I said that he was very proud, saying I was rude. And when I said to another English that English people seemed to have a strong 'pride', he didn't look offended. Is there a difference between proud and pride?
There is no difference in meaning. They are different forms of the same word. I think that the difference is in (a) the opinions of different people, and (b) the fact you were talking about yourself in the first case. English people (as opposed to English speakers) tend to think that it is a little rude to show off your pride. Please note that you need to say 'English people' or 'English speaking people'. 'English' as a noun is the language, not a person.
"You are very proud" can sometimes sound like you are calling the person arrogant. It is possible that this is what he was thinking. Pride on the other hand has more of a complementary feel to it. For example: 'I have a lot of pride in my favorite sports team', or 'We have pride in our country'. So although, yes, they are two forms of the same word, in some situations they can have slightly different feeling to them.
Pride means having a feeling of being good and worthy. The adjective is proud. The word pride can be used in a good sense as well as in a bad sense. In a good sense it means having a feeling of self-respect. Source: https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride