Tako
"bad mushrooms" ? Hello, what does "bad mushrooms" mean here....? "We exploded on the surface, in the middle of Los Angeles Bay, knocking a surfer off his board with an indignant, 'Dude!'...... The surfer screamed something about bad mushrooms and paddled away from us as fast as he could." I found two things while searching : 1) mushroom people (useless people or something) 2) bad mushrooms trip (has to do with magical mushrooms and drugs) However, the lines are from a young adult novel so I am not sure if number 2 would fit. What do you think? Thanks a lot!!!
8
0
#2 fits — because he is seeing something that he can’t believe is actually real. I think that some “young adult” novels are much more open about real life (drugs, sex) than others.
It is #2. One stereotype of surfers is that they take a lot of drugs. The surfer in this story sees something that scares and confuses him and assumes that the mushrooms might have been questionable.
#2 - Definitely
Hi Tako! I would need more of a context to explain why the mushrooms are bad. Maybe the mushrooms are poisonous, regardless of them being magic or not.
Tako
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Turkish