simba0722
Could anyone kindly explain me what this sentence means. The comment below by a person who has gender dysphoria ; I would almost compare it as being born with birth defect where you were born with an extra limb and It's constantly there and you just need to get rid of it.
4
0
I think they mean get rid of it "mentality" i.e carry on enjoying life and doing normal things, not feeling sorry for oneself. to carry on living normally. To not care what others options or attitudes may be.
Gender dysphoria means having the body of a certain sex, but feeling that the external appearance doesn't match your inner gender. Gender reassignment surgery works on fixing these differences. If you tomorrow woke up with the body of somebody of the opposite gender (pardon the binary setup), you would look at parts of your body as something unnatural, unfamiliar, and alien, so certain appendages or organs would feel like a "third limb". A similar concept applies to the Body integrity dysphoria, where you look at your limbs as something that is not yours.
simba0722