Ng
Do my questions make sense Do you let anything desert you? Do you chivvy people when they are slow on the project ?
4
0
Do you let anything desert you? - As Jordan said, this doesn't make sense as it is. Maybe if you can put it in a different way to make the meaning of what you want to say clearer? Do you chivvy people when they are slow on the project ? - this is a British English expression, the correct form being to 'chivvy along', meaning to hurry someone up, encouraging them to move or work faster, so you just need to add in 'along' after 'people' in this sentence.
I agree with the comments from Jordan and Tom. You could use the word ‘chase’ instead of chivvy if you prefer. I’ve heard this used in an office environment.
I am from the United States and have never heard the term "chivvy." I just looked it up, and your question makes sense, but I would not have understood it without a dictionary. A thing cannot desert a person. A person can desert a place (leave with no intention of returning), and people can desert other people (abandon them or refuse to help them). So your first question does not make sense.
Ng
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean, Vietnamese
Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Korean