kazlife
How to say correctly? "I'm in maternity leave" or "I'm in decree What's the difference? How to say correctly?
5
0
“I’m on maternity leave” is what we normally say in the US. I’ve never heard the expression “on decree.””
I don't understand what 'in decree' means - can you explain please? As the others have said, the correct expression is 'on maternity leave'. In fact it is 'on....leave' no matter what sort of leave. On annual leave, on study leave, on sick leave etc.
People normally say "I'm on maternity leave." "In maternity leave" is wrong. I do understand what "on decree" means, but like Brooks says, it's probably not widely used. On maternity leave means you're carrying a child. You take leave to give birth to the child, and to take care of the child. On decree means you're just following order, from your boss maybe, or from your wife. lol.
Maternity leave Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/maternity-leave a period in which a woman is legally allowed to be absent from work in the weeks before and after she gives birth
kazlife