Check out our updated Community
sueyanglala
"our attraction to B" means "we attract B" or "B attracts us"? “People are ruder today because they are rushed and more ‘time poor’ than ever before,” says Patsy Rowe, “Manners have fallen off the radar.” Due to our strong attraction to electronic equipment it is a wonder more people don't wake up each morning and greet the singing birds with a complaint about the noise. Here are some examples of rudeness. 1. "our attraction to B" means "we attract B" or "B attracts us"? 2. What does our strong attraction to electronic equipment to do with we waking up each morning and greeting birds?
1. "our attraction to B" means "we attract B" or "B attracts us"? You could say 'B attracts us'...there is a deeper philosophical argument here perhaps... but basically it means that 'we like B' 2. What does our strong attraction to electronic equipment to do with we waking up each morning and greeting birds? Ha ha. Good question. I don't think the problem is your understanding of English. It's not completely clear to me either! I think the writer is trying to say that we spend so much time using electronic equipment that we are 'time poor' and therefore tired all the time, so we don't like waking up...not sure, but I think that's what it means.
sueyanglala