Pelin
Ae these all OK? We did it by enduring many hardships. I'm sorry if I badgered you. (asking questions etc.) Nobody's happy to be doing this. (a boring task) Even though I did everything I could I failed. / Although I did everything I could I failed. (a test etc.) I forgive you despite everything you've done. / I forgive you in spite of everything you've done.
3
0
As Peter says, the main things missing from these sentences are the two commas in the sentences: Even though I did everything I could, I failed. / Although I did everything I could, I failed. As he says, make sure you remember to use a comma after the subordinate clause! (That is, when you begin the sentence with the subordinate clause).
Actually, looking at the sentences again, you need two more commas after "I forgive you, ..." I forgive you, despite everything you've done. I forgive you, in spite of everything you've done. I don't think I noticed those two sentences the first time around! Sorry!!! Nick
These are all good. I think "even though" is a bit more precise than "although", as "although" tends to be used more in the sense of "however" in everyday English. Watch out for subordinate clauses at the beginning of sentences and make sure you pop a comma after them. For example: Even though I did everything I could, I failed. Hope that helps!
Pelin
English, Turkish