Louis N.
Translation in English from french "candidature spontanée" Hi, I'm looking for the exact term in US english for an application which is not corresponding to any job adverts. I've read "speculative application", is that correct ? Moreover, I was wondering how can I call my résumé section dealing with association activity, and if you're used to seeing it in the résumés in the USA. Thanks a lot, Louis
3
0
you can just use "activities"
Thank you Nanren. I was looking for these terms, speculative and unsollicited and you've been clear about it. By association, I mean a society or a club, non-professional, working with volunteers and non-lucrative (school club for me which goal is to organise the certificate presentation).
Not US English, but maybe something useful to you. . >>Hi, I'm looking for the exact term in US english for an application which is not corresponding to any job adverts. I've read "speculative application", is that correct ? Do you wnat an official, formal term, or simply be understood and seem native? "speculative application" - seems fine. Inmy English, I don't think I have a special term for this. There likely is in formal HR-speak. Spontaneous, unsollicited >>Moreover, I was wondering how can I call my résumé section dealing with association activity, and if you're used to seeing it in the résumés in the USA. --> I was wondering what can I call ... <-- what can I call something, what do I call something .. What is "association activity"? Do you mean, such as professional organisations, linked-in, viadeo? affiliation? memberships? professional memberships? professional affiliation? Sometimes, here, this appears as associations, memberships, honours, awards . I suspect that CV style varies more regionally than nationally. There will be overall trends, but short, long, detail, these things change, check the most current info you can.
Louis N.
English, French, Italian, Spanish
English, Italian, Spanish