Hamid
How do we answer this question? (Grammatically) Talk about the most interesting activity you have done recently.

Do we need need to use "present perfect" in most sentences or "simple past"?

I would appreciate it if you could tell me some sentences about the topic in order to be clarified.

Thank you in advance.

3
0
I have recently been spending some time reading questions here. Agreement with the suestion is great, but maybe not limiting.
Because "recently" is a specific time marker, you would use simple past, just as you would with any other time marker. For example: Recently I read a book about turtles. I saw my brother recently. Yesterday I ran to the store. Last week I visited my mom. NOW, if someone asks you a question in the present perfect such as, "Have you seen your mother recently?" you may also answer in the present perfect: "Yes, I have seen her recently." But you may also answer "Yes, I saw her recently." and it conveys the same meaning. I hope this is helpful!
Hamid
English, Persian (Farsi), Spanish