Sam Thomas
请解释这些句子。 1)真是服了她 2)谁不知道她有今天都是靠男人 3) 外表看着风光 4) 终于功夫不负有心人啊! 谢谢你们的帮助!
2018년 10월 7일 오후 3:06
9
0
1)真是服了她 If one meant it sincerely, it would mean "hats off to her". But more often than not, people tend to say it out of sarcasm. 例:真的是服了你啊,连这种事情都做得出来。 2)谁不知道她有今天都是靠男人 Everybody knows she is at where she is at now because of (her relationships with) men. 3) 外表看着风光 She looks like she is doing well. 4) 终于功夫不负有心人啊! Her hard work finally paid off!
2018년 10월 7일
1. Here 服 means to submit, to capitulate, to yield; to relent, to give up, be impressed by etc. "With her, I have to throw in the towel" 2. Who knows that one day she has to rely on men! 3. Seems that she is just look at the scenery. There are many meanings of 风光 = doing well, outer appearance, Need more context to discern what the sentence really means. So I am giving the most literal one. 4. Finally, hard work pays off (to those who are resolute)
2018년 10월 7일
Thanks! I see why I didn't understand. I suppose in English it can only be a person that lets someone down, where as 不负 can refer to the effort or something more abstract.
2018년 10월 8일
There's an expression called "皇天不负有心人". That is a very common expression, very useful to know.
2018년 10월 8일
4) 终于功夫不负有心人啊! 不负 means didn't let down. 有心人 means someone who put their hearts into doing something. Literally, it's saying her hard work didn't let her down. But in English, that would sound kinda weird.
2018년 10월 8일
Sam Thomas
Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German
Chinese (Mandarin), French, German