respect (always)
hi , what meaning of(**or am i just kind of blowing..winds kind of incline me?**)in following text ? So while you might be enormously compassionate in your role as a teacher or a parent, you might find yourself being quite harsh and direct when it comes to your role as a brother or a sister. So then you see that - now wait a second if I've got all these inconsistencies all over the place in my character can I really say that I'm a sincere and authentic individual? ** Or am I just kind of blowing with which ever way my relationship winds kind of incline me? ** ( thanks for answer )
2
1
The phrase here is a personalization of the standard phrase "go where the wind blows" or similar. The idea is that you are passive to the direction you take and the random nature of life (here depicted as wind) will determine your direction. In this particular context, the speaker is wondering if they are of a fixed nature of character, or if their behaviour with people just changes like the wind and is dependent on who they are talking with. Or, is my behaviour from who I am, or from who I am with. That's how I read it anyways!
respect (always)
English, German, Persian (Farsi)
English, German