Mateus Feltrin
What is the best method to learn a foreing languague?
3
0
Hi! Speaking with native speakers and watching television shows in that language are some of the best ways to learn.
When learning foreign languages, I have benefitted from immersion. When I learned Japanese, I was fortunate to live in Japan for a while. I made friends with Japanese native speakers and tried my best to communicate in Japanese when possible. But you don’t have to move abroad to put yourself in situations where you must speak the target language. For example, in many communities there are foreign language clubs or classes. It can be difficult to communicate, and you may be speaking in a “broken” whatever language you are attempting but I find that jumping into the language you wish to learn, even if it’s sloppy and inaccurate, helps me the most. YouTube also has countless videos in different languages to help you learn. The internet has expanded our opportunities for learning foreign languages in a way that is faster and easier than ever before. It sure amazes this 60+ year old Spanish language learner! [emoji]
Mateus Feltrin
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish