Check out our updated Community
julia
I need a Native American girl to help me learn English (preferably a Brazilian Portuguese speaker)
To those who (apparently) misunderstand the question: I’m fairly sure she means to say “a native speaker of English from the USA”. Júlia, what you said is perfectly understandable in context, but be aware that “native American” is a phrase used only to talk about the people who lived in the Western Hemisphere before the Europeans arrived. You should go to the language partners page https://www.italki.com/partners and input your criteria: English, native speaker, learning Portuguese, female. As far as preferring a girl, anyone who has used the internet before can guess that Júlia’s inbox is already full of messages from males who think every site on the web is for hitting on ladies. Bem vinda, Júlia, e boa sorte.
The reason why prefer a girl is true. I have used Italki since yesterday. Some guys ( not teachers ) inbox me and ask " Are you single? ". I hate it :(
Native Americans comprise approximately 1.6% of the US population; sadly, poor education and life chances mean that relatively few of them will speak Portuguese, and only half of them will be female. Why are you looking for for somebody so specific?
Hi Julia, I am a female native English speaker, and speak Brazilian Portuguese fluently. I am not from America, I am from New Zealand. Maybe you are looking for a language partner, but if you are looking for a teacher, I teach both English and Portuguese. Send me a message when you are ready.
julia
English, Portuguese