Igor
About "agreeing"? There is a general rule not to use stative verbs in continuous or progressive form. But some stative verbs break the rule under some circumstances. Like the verb "to think" for instance: "I think that coffee is great" (this is stative, as this is my opinion), but "What are you thinking about?" (this is dynamic, because "you" have some ideas in your head, you consider. My question is whether you may find and give me the example of usage of the verb "to agree" in its dynamic substance? Dictionaries give that pure form as "agreeing" but I can't see any way how it will be possible to apply.
9
0
Agreeing with your wife is the key to a happy marriage!
Why are you are agreeing with me now? You usually never agree with me!
Are you just agreeing with me to keep me happy, or do you really believe that I am right?
Many of Mr Trump's supporters are agreeing with him about climate change being a hoax at the moment, but if there is a dramatic change in the weather over the next few years, they may not be agreeing with him then!
Igor
English, Greek, Japanese, Mongolian, Russian