Harry
What is the difference? My students gave me a paper cuttings last year.It had monkey pattern on it. My students gave me a paper cuttings last year.There was a monkey pattern on it. What is the difference?
Your use of plural/singular forms needs some work, but the meaning is the same in both sentences.

Often we can use 'there' or 'it' and it doesn't change the meaning.

Here are some other examples:

- It was raining a lot.

- There was a lot of rain.

- It was very loud.

- There was a lot of noise.

You can use them interchangeably. It's more common to use 'there' in creative or descriptive writing for setting the scene. It's more common to use 'it' in personal blogs, diary entries and texts where the writer is more important to the reader.

My students gave me a paper cuttings last year.It had monkey pattern on it. Should be: My students gave me paper cuttings last year, they had a monkey pattern on it OR My students gave me a paper cutting last year, it had a monkey pattern on it. My students gave me a paper cuttings last year.There was a monkey pattern on it. Should be: My students gave me paper cuttings last year, there were monkey patterns on them (plural) My students gave me a paper cutting last year, there was a monkey pattern on it, IS THE SAME AS My students gave me a paper cutting last year, it had a monkey pattern on it. Hope this helps!
Harry