Apple
Is "computer“ and "mobile phone"considered ” electronic equipment " or "electronic device“ ? what is the difference bwteen " equipment " and "device“ ? i thought that equipment refers to things like TV , washing machine , air conditioner . While device refers to smaller stuff like , mobile phones and computers . i wonder how native speakers interpret the two words ? thanks a lot !!!
equipment refers to some big electronic items or working tools. It can be referred to all electronic things. device is more commonly used for small electronic items that can be carried with hand.
Also you may call them electronic systems.
Hi Apple. When I hear "equipment" I immediately think of a tool. That is, equipment is something someone uses to get some sort of job done. So "equipment" can be several different things like a carpenters tools, a police officers weapon, and a chefs cooking utensils. I don't know if it's the same word in Chinese, but in Japanese it would be 装備. A device is similar to a tool, but it has the nuance of being electrical or mechanical in nature. Also size doesn't really matter. A device can be big or small. I hope this helped.
Apple