Lei Li
How to understand this sentence? Hello, when I read an article, I meet one sentence: "An IRN sender, therefore, uses a low timeout value of RTOlow only when there are a small N number of packets in flight" . I am confused about it's meaning. I am not sure whether my understanding is right: timeout value=RTOlow only when the number of packets in flight = N ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure if I understand what the context is but the equation seems to be the following: Low timeout value = RTOlow only when N is small. The 'low timeout value' = 'RTOlow' only when the 'number of packets in flight' = a 'small number.' Where N is the 'number of packets in flight.' I hope this helps :')
Timeout is directly related to the number of in-flight packets. If the number is small, the sender uses a low timeout value; for more in-flight packets, a longer timeout is used.
'what does this sentence mean?' not 'how to understand this sentence?' :)
Lei Li