Jonatan
Questions about the sentence "崩れゆく抑制 " Hi. I was listening the music "Kiss of Death" by Nika Nakashima and I found this sentence: "崩れゆく抑制" But I don't understand the grammar rules used in this sentence. 1. The word 崩れ here is the noun "崩れ" or the verb "崩れる" conjugated in its "i-form" ? 2. Why is ゆく used after 崩れ? 3. Why the sentence is finished with a noun (抑制)? I guess they are omiting something here (omissions are common in Japanese). Thanks.
1 It's not noun. I think it is verb. 2 ~ゆく means "~ing" 崩れゆく is same for 崩れていく but 崩れゆく lets me feel more lyrical than 崩れていく. 崩れて「いく」=行く(be going to) ゆく is formal and literary (and old) expression of いく. and plus く、ず、れ、ゆ、く=5 sounds く、ず、れ、て、い、く=6 sounds Perhaps lyric writer thought that 5-sound word is better than 6-sound one in this part for rythme or groove when he was writing. 3 uhh I think "omission" is defferent a little bit. I can't tell you a detail of this with my poor English skills and vocabulary. I'm sorry. This called "体言止め"(taigen dome) 体言(taigen) = 名詞(meishi) = noun 止め(tome or dome) = stop or end This is japanese "figure of speech" technique. Definition 〇体言止め(taigendome) To put a noun at sentence's last for giving an aftertaste to it. Example 〇崩れゆく抑制 抑制=noun at sentence's last. 〇死にゆく惑星(shiniyuku wakusei : dying planet) 惑星=noun at sentence's last. Explanation difference of 崩れゆく抑制 between 抑制が崩れゆく(why 崩れゆく抑制 is used this time?) 〇抑制が崩れゆく This is just simply "sentence". no good feeling no aftertaste. 〇崩れゆく抑制 Put noun at last. We Japanese get the impression as if this sentence doesn't be end and is still continued. But actually, sentence is end. So we japanese feel a bit aftertaste from this part.
Hello i want to learn english
Jonatan
English, Japanese, Spanish